A processing technology that does not generate waste. With regard to waste processing, this is a technology that does not produce new or even more hazardous waste, but rather generates a new raw material from the input, which can replace primary raw materials in industrial processes. It can also be used in processes for the production of new products or existing products with properties which have been difficult to achieve.
The Missing Link
to Zero Waste.
ZERO WASTE –
THAT IS, WHAT WE ARE WORKING ON.
Waste is meanwhile threatening our environment, our lives, our economic systems, worldwide and in the long term. Almost 3 billion tonnes of waste were produced in the EU in 2006 alone. The worst part of the problem: hazardous waste like heavy metals, oils and residues containing oil, sewage sludge and industrial sludge, landfill leachate, …
Disposal solutions cannot succeed, for „disposal“ merely means:
- exporting – which only relocates the problem
- Incineration – agglomerates the toxins
- Landfilling – creates toxic time bombs.
All three methods are:
expensive, unproductive, risky and are increasingly being rejected by the public.
Utilisation is undoubtedly more sensible than disposal. However, the utilisation methods available so far only function well if the waste is sorted as homogeneously as possible, they are expensive and energy-intensive, and require a high level of technical measures.
- This is where our approach takes effect. With the declared objective of „zero waste„.
- Utilising waste without creating any new harmful substances
- Combining ecological and economic benefits
- Stable, safe processes without a high level of technical measures
ECOCYCLING shows how it is done.